To provide young ladies with options to be fashionable while still being modest.
The Michaela-Noel Story
Marisa has a teenage daughter and in the Fall of 2010, despite looking high and low, was frustrated in her efforts to find clothes for her that were suitable for church or special events. What she found on the market was either too casual, too risqué or poorly made with cheap fabrics – “disposable clothes”. The children’s category options were a little too childish and the ladies category likewise, offered options that didn’t meet the sizing needs of the young ladies that were growing just vertically and were a little “too boring” for those who want to be cool and yet classy.
Marisa realized that while we may instruct our daughters how to act and present like ladies, we provide them no option to achieve this in their dress. She believed this was her “calling” – to use her experience and abilities to provide these kids viable options to be fashionable yet modest. She moved from formulating a business plan to sketching – dug into her savings and created the Michaela-Noel collection. (sounds quick and easy doesn’t it!? – hmmmm…) The brand is named after her daughter who wore the first Michaela-Noel dress to church on Easter Sunday 2011.
Michaela-Noel is owned and operated by Marisa Pereira Consulting LLC
Marisa is no stranger to the apparel industry. She has been designing and developing product for the apparel and home textile industries for over 20 years, in the Greater Atlanta area. She has been speaking publicly on the topic of Image Presentation for the last five years.
Her apparel products range from fine furs and ladies’ church and business attire to women’s, men’s and children’s sportswear. Her home products assortment ranges from fashion bedding, table top, bath, window treatments, rugs, toys/pillows, decorative pillows and yes – even pet beds!
She has worked with a wide range of well known manufacturers, clients, personalities and licenses and she has had the good fortune of working both in front of and behind the cameras. Prior to obtaining a BA in Fashion Design, Marisa earned a BA in French including a minor in Psychology. She effectively combines her design and psychology knowledge in her speaking presentations, product development and image consulting projects.
Marisa has addressed several adult and youth organizations on the topic of Image and Self Presentation, encouraging and teaching them how to make a memorable impact without compromising their values. Her vision is to grow the “Stylish and Modest” movement. You can find some of her published articles here: http://catholicexchange.com/author/marisapereira/.
On a Personal Note
Marisa believes in quality of life enhanced by her belief in God, Family and Friends. She considers herself blessed and strives to give back to the community. She has worked in a volunteer capacity through her church and with organizations like “Dress for Success”, “Grady Hospital”, “Special Olympics”, “Children’s Hospital”, “Junior Achievement”, “St. Vincent de Paul” and “Mustard Seed Communities” among others. Her long-term goal is to be able to create an organization to help single mothers get back on their feet and make life happen for them. She has a great sense of humor and believes life is too short to be too serious or grumpy!
What you can expect from Michaela-Noel:
- Our clothes are trendy and classic – we strive to provide something “different” in each item.
- We offer a wide array of colors as we believe color signifies life and fun and youth.
- We do not compromise on the style details, the materials or the construction of our products. Our clothes are not disposable.
- Our “low” necklines are never below 4” from the neck.
- Our “short” hem lines are designed to be no more than 2” above the knee.
- We offer each style in sizes that are most suitable for that style.
- Almost all our clothes are lined; providing greater coverage, fit and drape.
- Undergarments can be worn with all of our silhouettes.
- Our goal is to provide the best product for a very reasonable and competitive price. We do not inflate our prices to give the impression of a phony “super sale”.
- We appreciate your business and we want you as a happy customer… spreading the word!